Monday, October 29, 2012

OCTOBER UPDATE

It's hard to believe that in a few short days all the Halloween decorations will be packed away for another year and the site of Thanksgiving and Christmas will be everywhere. How did October fly by so fast? I admit that between my new business venture, family birthdays, illnesses, and the general preparations for Halloween, that it is no surprise that November is right around the corner!

For several months now, I have been on the fence about investing the time and effort into becoming a Thirty One Gifts consultant. However, after some convincing from friends and family I decided to give it a try. And I am SO happy that I did. In the few short weeks since I signed up, I have made money, earned LOTS of free products and most importantly I have met some really great people! The initial investment was worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY! It's amazing that for only a small $99 investment that I would get everything that I needed to get my business off to a great start (everything below)!


And the greatest thing about selling Thirty One is that it doesn't feel like a job because it is so much fun! What other job pays you to have parties and socialize with friends and make some really great new ones! When I signed up I was worried that I would eventually run out of people to have parties. However, Thirty One taught me to step out of my comfort zone and contact new people. In the few short weeks of selling, I have successfully booked 5 parties and 4 craft/vendor shows! I couldn't have asked for a better beginning to this new venture!

While I will admit that I have invested alot of time this month to my new job, I still found time to complete what seemed like an endless list of things to be done. One item that I still haven't completed is my son's Halloween costume (and let's be honest, the clock is ticking away while I am typing this). I decide back in September that my son would be something "cute" again this year for Halloween, before the inevitable string of superhero and monster costumes that will probably be starting next year. But for this year, my son could careless about what his costume is and only about the attention that he gets while he wears it. I went through endless mind changes about what it should be, from a dinosaur to a clown to a lion, and finally to a scarecrow. After looking around online for a "cute" scarecrow costume without any luck, I finally decided to whip out my creative side and design one myself. It started off well but after several days of illnesses and terrible-two-temper-tantrum crazy days I find myself two days until Halloween with only half of a costume completed. On the upside, becasue of Hurricane Sandy all of the towns around me have postponed trick-or-treating until Saturday. This is good, now I have a few extra days to get this done! (I will post pictures once completed).

While the effects of the hurricane have given me more time for Colton's costume, I can't help but feel a little scared of this impending storm that will assuredly affect millions of people. Here in Western Pennsylvania we are already experiencing severe winds and rain and most schools have closed for tomorrow. And while I sit here blogging at the moment, the possibility of being without power in the near future is becoming very real. The winds have already flipped over our furniture on our deck and the worst part hasn't even reached us yet.  I am concerned for what our area will see but my heart goes out to all those along the coast that are experiencing this mass destruction. It's so sad to watch the news and see everything that has been destroyed already by the storm. Many of my favorite places in Ocean City have been destroyed or very badly damaged. It's hard to believe that we were just there a few months ago and many of the places we went to are no longer there. I just pray that there are not many lives lost because of it.


Ocean City, MD boardwalk when we were there in June 2012.


Ocean City, MD boardwalk BEFORE hurricane Sandy 10-29-1012


On a happier note, we took Colton to a pumpkin festival again this year and he had a blast! This year we took him to Soergel's Orchard. It's probably the best one that we have been to in the last few years.

I was bummed that the sign was on a hill
so he couldn't stand up against it.




He loved playing in the straw pile with the other little kids and also got to paint his very own pumpkin! He could barely reach the top of the table but insisted on doing it without any help.  He was very determined and looked so cute! I think Halloween is going to be his favorite holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment