Sunday, January 5, 2014

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND CATCHING UP!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS MY BLOG FRIENDS!

I hope everyone out there had a wonderful holiday season! Ours was super busy and stressful this year which is why I haven't posted. However, there are many things that I want to share with you all and will be posting about in the next few days! I completed some really cute holiday projects this year and still would like to blog about them.  Hopefully you will find them interesting and cute and use them for ideas next year!

We've also had some big…I mean HUGE milestones here in our house over the last few months.  My son Colton ditched the binky habit, moved to a big boy bed, AND has almost mastered potty training!! Talk about exhausting! I definitely look forward to blogging about these huge hurdles we have passed and sharing what did and didn't work for  us!  I spent a lot of time online getting ideas and tips from other mothers out there, so I am hoping that those who will read my posts find them helpful too!  Oh and there was that other not some awesome milestone…I turned 30 in December. :/  This was a hard one for me! But after shedding lots of tears, I seem to be doing better.  I guess 30 isn't so bad after all….

Now that 2014 is here and since its the start of a new year and new beginnings, I plan on adding a few new sections to my blog.  One of my New Year's resolutions was to get back into reading again.  I used to love reading and found it very relaxing. But since i had my son, I have all but given up this hobby... unless you count the endless Berenstain Bears and Little Golden Books I have read.  There is a group of you that have asked if I would like to join their online book club and i have decided to make a page dedicated to the books I've read. Who doesn't like a review before starting a book?! I know I always read them beforehand.

 I also plan on adding a page dedicated to my life as a Police Wife.  So many thoughts and worries go through my head each day and now my husband took a job in an town with an even higher crime rate.  I've been told many times to not let worry consume you and to talk them out.  Over the last year or so, I have become online friends with many law enforcement wives as well as with ones that live near me.  We talk often and it helps, I feel that now that my husband has taken this job, I will need to talk even more. This section of my page will be mostly for those that share my worries and fears, but I hope that others also find it interesting and gain knowledge of what the families of those that keep you all safe everyday really go through.

So that's what has been going on lately in a nutshell and what to look forward to reading on my page.  Check back soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment